Instagram

Bienvenue, I'm Guisselle a Parisienne vagabond with a well rooted Colombian & New York soul that loves the transcultural amalgam my parents nurtured my life with. I photography and this mashup is a life & style journal through my amateur pen and lens. Bisous!

Beware... on occasion I may drop a little riff-raff intellect but bounce right back to articulate & academic #urbanchic-A
Paz !

email: nouvellevaguebnd@yahoo.com

.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img { visibility: hidden; } .ig-b-:hover { backgrou

Mar 4, 2012

Dégustation du vin du Domaine de l'Île Margaux

Last fall during Paris Fashion Week SS12 Pierre and I decided to participate in a vendanges (<--grape harvest, click for pics) in Margaux, France. Well to kick off this PFW and welcome a dear friend's first time in Paris, Pierre hosted a wine dégustation with a menu du jour of confit d'escargot, boudin blanc, fromages, foie gras paired with Sauternes, fresh fruit for dessert and rocked vinyl on the tables. He explained the vineyard's history, 5 grape varieties(Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Malbec and Petit Verdot), it's traditional vinification process and how Île Margaux faces its most famous neighbor, Chateau Margaux across the water of the Garonne.
I regret not having photographed the event but I was having way too much fun eating and catching up with friends I hadn't seen in a minute so below are just some pics of the 2005/06 vintage stock Pierre selected to feature and a video from a Canadian program featuring Domaine de l'Île Margaux (<--click for further info). 


Pierre FAVAREL gives thanks to all those who attended on 24022012.


note: I'll write a post and share some pics soon about its vinification so please stay tuned family, merci & bisous!