Instagram

Bienvenue, I'm Guisselle a Parisienne vagabond with a well rooted Colombian & New York soul that loves the transcultural amalgam my parents nurtured my life with. I photography and this mashup is a life & style journal through my amateur pen and lens. Bisous!

Beware... on occasion I may drop a little riff-raff intellect but bounce right back to articulate & academic #urbanchic-A
Paz !

email: nouvellevaguebnd@yahoo.com

.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img { visibility: hidden; } .ig-b-:hover { backgrou

Feb 7, 2012

Ai que saudade do verão

Airto Moreira- Mulata and Futebol

Oh meu Deus!
Europe has been blasted with an arctic funk these passed couple of weeks. This 0° C / 32° F Parisien w
eather has got me longing for summer and my Rygy bikini. It's been tough because I know back at the motherland it's summer and this February 18th, South Americans are gearing up for the biggest party of the Americas and I can't be in Rio to wear my feathered fantasia and samba no pé behind the gorgeous passistas, 
baianas and floats down the Sambodromo alongside my Escola de Samba Estação Primeira de Mangueira like I did a few years back.

Anywayzzz, I've been flipping thru old pics and found some about the little things I love of Paris in the summertime. For example, I miss having lunch at the Jardin des Tuileries during my work week, meeting friends for drinks at 
Île Saint-Louis, stepping over subway grates to cool of the ankles or grabbing a velib to the Bois de Boulogne for a Sunday afternoon picnic, play a lil futevôlei and then relax reading poetry aloud playing a mini harp while the boyf rows the boat, just playin' all's true but the harp.


moral of the story- Forget your sorrows you got to let it go, it's time for carnaval so you got to free your soul.











cocoon sweater: American Apparel
tube dress: Victoria's Secret
tank: H&M

spiked converse: diy
clubmasters: Urban Outfitters






top pic                                                                                 
tee: American Apparel                                                         
leather circle skirt: vintage
bottom pic: all vintage and during our summer holiday in Chicago 2010



No comments: