Instagram

Bienvenue, I'm Guisselle a Parisienne vagabond with a well rooted Colombian & New York soul that loves the transcultural amalgam my parents nurtured my life with. I photography and this mashup is a life & style journal through my amateur pen and lens. Bisous!

Beware... on occasion I may drop a little riff-raff intellect but bounce right back to articulate & academic #urbanchic-A
Paz !

email: nouvellevaguebnd@yahoo.com

.ig-b- { display: inline-block; } .ig-b- img { visibility: hidden; } .ig-b-:hover { backgrou

Nov 15, 2010

We Are Beautiful...


.... despite what global media and publications bombard us with.

Thank you so much Apricot Tea for sharing this video with your beautiful sisters of color. I too grew up with feelings of inferiority thanks to media, Barbie, holy images in Christianity art and family that would suggest dating a white guy “improves the race” (mejorar la raza). I took extreme measures to hide my Latina features. I wore colored contacts, used bleaching skin cremes, straightened & lightened my hair and was even saving for a nose job. Ironically it was a “white” bf that helped me realize that brown is beautiful too............................ he was right!



Shadeism from Shadeism on Vimeo.

No comments: